May 19, 2022 - Make sure that your desktop app is updated as well to
- 🎥 Video over screen share: Finally you can share your smiling face while coding in a strange position This was requested a lot!
- Make sure you’re on the latest version and enable both your screen and camera to try it out. It’s currently in beta so let us know what you think!
- Tip: Don’t enable video chat if you’re +3 people over a screen.
Why? (technical description)
Although we reduce camera quality to save bandwidth, our p2p architecture (that makes the lowest latency possible) would require a lot of bandwidth to do many cameras and a screen.
- Fix camera view not remembering its position if it’s too close to the top
- Fix camera view being unexpectedly resized if moved to another display
- Fix a critical issue where you couldn’t hear anyone due to having your speaker deafened while screen sharing (this was causing a lot of headache for users!)
- Fix replies to images and GIFs in chat showing an empty embedded message
- Fix an issue with opening the image someone is viewing by clicking on their avatar in the top call bar
- And a lot of small fixes across the screen sharing, video chat, voice connection, and the sidebar that mentioning them would make this list huge…
May 10, 2022
- 🔥 Docs: We now have a docs page → usenoor.com/docs
- ✨ New Rooms UI: We shipped a cleaner design. Rooms now keep their arrangement to reflect how space in real-life works and upon making the window bigger, 3-rooms will be shown in a row.
- 🎵 Share music (system audio): Listen to music together by Spotify, Apple Music, and more by enabling this new option. Also available while screen sharing to watch movies or YouTube together. You’ll love it!
- 🟢 Call Status Dot: It’s now easier to glance at your call status from the top bar.
- 🎧 Force AirPods: Enabling this option gives AirPods owners peace of mind that no sound will accidentally blast through the MacBook speakers.
- 🟡 Focus Mode: Hear others in the background at a low volume, while having a Focus Ring to let others know you’re in the zone.
- Draggable Tabs: Re-order your open spaces by dragging the tabs.
- Hiding self-view in camera mode, now hides your own circle to save space.
- Added a new option in
Preferencesto get a debug report to speed-up bug fixing.
Command+Clickin remote control.
- Right-click in remote control is broken in the last update. Fix coming ASAP.
Dec 17, 2021
- 🤫 Silent Rooms: Make your focus rooms silent so you can be present while being in your flow.
- ↔️ Camera now resizes evenly however you resize it
- Improve screen share observer window resize
- Improve drag to upload photos
- Fixes new users not showing up in the sidebar
- Fixes chat unread messages count not being cleared
- Fixes a bug where camera didn’t show up for some participants
- Fixes a bug where not all participants were visible in a video call
Aug 31, 2021
- Remote control for Windows 🎉
- Resize window as much as you want
- Properly open the app if already open on Windows
Aug 4, 2021
- Windows version beta!
- Delete member: Creators of the team can now right-click on a member in the sidebar and delete them.
- Faster app animations and interactions
- Faster call connection (this is just a start, more improvements coming soon)
- Ability to clear room background
- Removed work-hour timing and added last online time instead
- Fixed a bug causing app to be unresponsive to clicks
- Fixed emoji picker not working
- Fixed rooms jumping around when switching between two active rooms
Jul 23, 2021
- 🎨 All new UI: Bigger rooms and new sidebar to accommodate new features & statuses
- 👩💻 Work-time status: See who started their work-day or called it a day
- 👋 Catch missed nudges: See who nudges you when you were away!
- 🌆 Room backgrounds: Add emoji icons and full app backgrounds to appear when you join the room!
- 🌍 See teammates' local time: Glance at your coworkers local time before pinging them. Shown if they're in a different timezone.
- 🚀 Quick send in room: Send links & text to roommates. They can copy or open in a click!
- 🏖 Resilient voice mode: If you're on a bad network or your voice is choppy, this makes your voice crisp (Enable from the ⚙️ > Preferences)
- 🗑 Delete room: Delete rooms from the menu. From now, Noor keeps around rooms that have topics when you leave.
- Send feedback or see what's new from the new help menu
- Now we notify you when friends join the lobby
- Improved auto-update that shows change-log
- We now record call stats so if you experience any issues, we'll exactly see what went wrong
- Away from keyboard is more accurate now
- Fixed dismiss on the video guide didn't close immediately
- Share a single window: Now you can focus on what matters. Even on ultra wide screens, you can now easily share screen.
- Away From Keyboard: • Yellow dot means they went to grab water, coffee, etc and they'll be back in a second!
- Mute if they forgot to! We all had a moment when a teammate leaves their microphone on and goes somewhere. No longer!
- Join notification: A nice little notification pops up when someone joins your room.
- Screen-share 2.0: Faster, lower latency, higher quality. With this update, we offer unmatched screen sharing experience utilising latest video encoding technology.
- A lot better video chat: Video chat quality is a lot better, smoother and lower latency
- Camera picker: Now you can switch to other cameras
- Screen-share quality controls: Now you can optimize screen sharing for code or playing videos, and change it's quality!
- Screen-share switch to me: While viewing someone's screen, you can share your own screen right from that window and we automatically switch them to viewing you! 👌
- Auto-leave on system lock: Feel safer when you go for a walk! We also make sure if you're talking, your system doesn't go to sleep and interrupt you.
- Screen share indicator in camera view: Switch to screen share right from the camera mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused permissions dialog not appear in Catalina
- Fixed screen observer window becoming too small
- Fixed camera permission dialog not showing on Catalina
- Fixed sometimes camera being in use mistakenly (the MacBook camera LED turning on) This did not send your video, it just triggered camera for checking permissions.
- Fixed UX of changing devices. It is now a visible button!
- We added better error logging for ourselves, so expect faster bug fixes!
- Updated the app name from "There" in login mic permission page
- Fix clicking "Click to Update" not relaunching the app and updating
- Fix showing download progress (and added a progress bar in settings menu)
- Faster screen share
- Video chat!
- Voice rooms: Just talk. High quality audio, with just a click. We've rewrote the whole voice module to be the fastest, most stable version we've ever released.
- Emojis: Use your favourite emoji for rooms!
- Screen-sharing: Lightning fast screen sharing. No quality limit. With multi-pointer support.
- Status message: Go beyond online or offline. See what's everyone up to at a glance. (Or just put a joke up there)
- All new UI: As simple as it can get. Click, talk, close.
- Pin: See who you're talking to in a small control window attached in the corner of your screen. No more switching apps!
It's been a year, and we're celebrating it with our 15th major release. It's the best we've ever used.
- Rooms with icon & name: Finally you can create permanent rooms for certain activities or statuses. Make your place your own!
- Members In Sidebar
- Faster updates: Now you'll get updates we push within a few minutes with just kilobytes of download
- Preferences window is correctly positioned
- Pinned roommates UI is back (it was gone due to a bug)
- The sidebar now shows correct and up to date members
- A crash in onboarding is fixed
In this version, we temporarily disable screen sharing for a day, to resolve a critical bug. Our quality standards are high, and once it's back it probably works better and faster than most screen sharing tools.